Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving
















Today I went into Aurora's classroom and explained Thanksgiving, showed a slide show we made, and handed out pumpkin pie. I even gave each kid kernel of corn and passed around a basket so they could say what they were thankful for. And you know, it left me feeling so happy that we have a day dedicated to gratitude! I realize that it is mostly celebrated with gluttony nowadays, but the gratitude inherent in little craft activities, in families getting together, and in cooking for each other, it is beautiful. Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Penelope Celeste said...

It truly is beautiful! I just want to say that I am very thankful for you Hannah! I feel so fortunate to have met you through our program, and am so grateful we could become close and keep in touch. Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving, health, and happiness from your home country! xox

Unknown said...

And I am thankful for you too! I am headed into the manic two weeks left phase, and I think of your smiling face and encouragement when I just want to give up :) Happy Thanksgiving!!