The lush green summer of NC was real in my sleep over the weekend. I was walking in the grass, hearing the cicadas, feeling the swish laugh sway of all the beautiful women who live there. I am remembering the emergence of fireflies and the amazing luna moth who lived in our backyard. The irises would be blooming about now, and maybe the mosquitoes are not out in full force yet. Day trips to the beach would be happening, and I would be salty and sunny and gentle.
Often now, I don't even recognize myself. I know I wanted this, these changes, and that in time all things will be held inside of me at once. City girl, working girl, cycles spiral across time, and love does does not diminish across such spirals!
"Know that the world of created beings in like pure and clear water, reflecting the attributes of God. Their knowledge, justice and kindness reflects God's like a heavenly star is reflected in running water. Earthly kings reflect God's kingship. Scholars mirror the wisdom of God. People and nations may change as one generation replaces another; but the divine attributes are eternal. The water flowing in the stream changes many times, but the reflection of the moon and stars in the water remains the same." Rumi, the mathnavi 6:3172-3178
Starry eyes shining out :O
No comments:
Post a Comment