Thursday, February 5, 2009

Meow Meow

Isabella is home! How wonderful, to be cuddled with so deeply by our pet...she lays down next to my belly and purrs so that my organs vibrate, she throws her front leg across my lap and holds me, she waits at the top of the stairs to tap me on the shoulder when I walk by, what a dear! We have had snow this week, and she goes out, sniffs and purrs and makes her footprints, and runs back in. She had not been outside in over two months when I picked her up and her delight at the privilege is immense. The kids play hide and seek with her and all three of them curl up for a bedtime story, so this life back in our home is such a joy.

As for re-integrating, I realize that the importance of visits and vacations is that they throw a wrench in our routine and help us to break out of it. My old tools, they have been wonderful, and I will use them at liberty, but maybe I need some new tools too? Like getting a radio and listening to the BBC, like looking for a rental in the villages outside town, like creating my own groups that meet in my own home. And I'm on it! And I laugh at myself too, nothing is really that bad, just unfamiliar, and is it ever really comfortable to create a new song? The pentatonic sounds strange....
Meow Meow,

No comments: