Saturday, October 11, 2008

Streaming

This week in my readings I found shaman, prana, subtle movement, recognition of movement resonance, and necessity of following movement resonance to closure all in my texts. In a practical class, where we move instead of reading and discussing, a classmate said to me, "I can see the energy moving through your body so that it has its' own flow outside of music or steps. When you move faster it is because the energy is moving faster through you." The next day I read at length on the reconstruction of dance from Indian temple sculptures by method of following the flow of prana stimulated by the pose. If I had any doubts as to the actual possibility of combining my experiences in polarity and dance, the last weeks efforts have really encouraged me. And to top it off, an article I read by my professor Andre Grau this morning states "to realize an adequate and truthful ethnographic account, the admittance of the truth of 'unreality' is essential". Is it possible to say that I am finding, and creating, something of a home here? Or maybe a launching pad, or maybe a nice fertile soil. Such a relief, such a big emotional thought. For I have never been able to stop dancing, and I have never been able to stop working with energy and with healing. Sending breath and wealth....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're in a place of fertile ground for exploration, learning and personal and human connection. It sound so far out, it's beautiful!