Hello and Hiya,
This week we went to the London Zoo, my kids first time to London and also their first time to the zoo. I have a problem with zoos, because of the cages which confine the will of wild animals contrasted with the freedom of all the gaping people. This zoo is really cool though, and I cried when visiting the gorillas...because the gorillas were saved as infants when their mothers were bushwhacked for meat or trade in the Congo. The gorilla faces are highly individual and their presence is astounding, personal, intelligent. In fact, something is being done right in this zoo, whose main focus is to be a research center, because so many of the animals had an intelligent eye. I watched a mama colobus monkey nurse her baby while men in the family took turns protecting her from us, and penguins dove, leaped, hopped, and frolicked like crazy.
On a more personal note, Mathias has renamed himself Pitter Patter Tadpole Hungry Snake Boy Chalut. Manifest changes? I appear to have an amphibian for a son. And even so, to me he is a sweetie....
Many Blessings All Around,
No comments:
Post a Comment