Well,
There are several tantrums every day. We finally had the house professionally fumigated, and the fleas are gone. We have some furniture and a school assignment, so now there is emotional space to rest a bit. Aurora said earlier this week, I feel so sad and I don't know why. Our adult bed has not arrived from the states yet, and because of the fleas on the floor, we have been sleeping in the bunk beds with kids. This is actually good, they need to be close to us. I am going crazy being super patient wonder mom while I hold them through thier tantrums, listen to them process, and get them out to explore a little each day. Thier highlight has been a thrift shop around the corner which has tons of puzzles and books. We can get a puzzle for 50pence, and have done one almost every day. We also walked a mile to the big shopping center and bought thier school uniforms this Friday. All grown up in slacks and jumpers with fancy dress shoes! I love that the public schools require unforms here, it will allow the kids to focus on thier studies and on making friends. Thier particular school is partially funded by the church of England, and so it makes a big deal about its caring ethos and the safety and confidence of each child. This gives me some hope, as it really does take a village to raise a child, and I think thier school village will help them to adjust. If anyone would like to send them letters and cards, this would be great. Let me know and I will email you our address privatley.
Love, Blessings, and Thanks.
I really appreciate all the reiki! And so do those kids...
No comments:
Post a Comment