Hello Dear Ones,
We made it, we are here, happy, healthy, and together. Our house is beautiful, original wood floors from the early 1870's but a modernized kitchen and bathroom, complete with stand up shower and washer/dryer. There are 4 fireplaces in our house, a stone arch entryway we share with two neighbors, and two sheds: one for firewood and tools and one for bicycles. The house had fleas from the previous tenents and we have treated it twice, hopefully they will be gone. The bus system is expensive and confusing, the city is bustling and loud. Luckily, we have a vegetable stand and a co-op right on our street corner. We are in Romsey Town, the neighborhood for many ethnic groups, and so we have halal grocers, chinese grocers, indian grocers, and many great restaurants. Kevin will start work part time this week and hopefully we will find good second hand furniture. So far we have a beautiful dining table with ornately carved legs, and I think we will find many treasures from the old world here. Sending my love....
2 comments:
Hi, Hannah,
I'm glad you are there, slowly adjusting, getting into the swim of it all. I'm back from Italy, a very challenging trip, but good overall, and now look forward to seeing if this residency can happen in London. I'll check in with you during my brief visit in fall (late October). I wish you all the best as you embark on your new studies in such an exciting environment.
My warmest wishes,
Glenna
Thank you Glenna. It will be so nice to see a familiar face! I appreciate the camraderie.
Cheers, as they say,
Hannah
Post a Comment