Live performance is just awesome. It brings us into the moment so viscerally, so deeply, there is simply nowhere else to go. Onstage, lights exposing our nakedness, we performers must come out, crack the seeds of our selves open, and reach toward our depths, or die without birth. It had been too long! Too long away from performance, too long away from healing work. I must and I will and I am integrating these aspects back into my life in a big big way.
How lucky, how fortunate, how blessed, to perform five nights so soon upon arrival in England. I am dancing an old solo, from when Open Air Dance was brand new, and I put on that crazy huge show while five months pregnant! Who remembers that? It was beautiful, turtles painted in mud and maidens in turquoise plether :) I am not the worlds best performer this week, but I am pretty good, getting it spot on at least some of the nights. The audience comes into our s-l-o-w state of being at any rate, and so the choreography stands.
Tonight, I will kiss the moon in the headlamps of the stage lights once again~ Ohm.
No comments:
Post a Comment