Monday, January 25, 2010

Haiti

As I read news coverage and look at photos from Port Au Prince I am reminded of what Sun Bear wrote beginning back in 1989, of the coming Earth changes and how cities would become death traps at this time. I wonder, in light of Katrina, the Tsunami, and Port Au Prince, if we are seeing the Earth in her dance of changes...
I am reminded also of the incredible strength of the human spirit as I see camps being made, women praying, and even children laughing at times. I am heartened at the massive outpouring in aid, even as I know it is not enough.
I recall to my senses the desperation for water, for a shower, for peace that I have felt at moments. I pray for the mothers with young children.
In these images, these stories, I come face to face with my own mortality...I reflect on the fleeting chance we get to truly be human. I am thankful to be alive. May I not waste my thoughts on pain.
May my love somehow somehow touch somebody in Haiti. Mitakuye Oyasin - we are all related - we are all one.

By Sun Bear:
Walk in Balance: The Path to Healthy, Happy, Harmonious Living (1989) and Black Dawn Bright Day (1992)

No comments: