So Mathias says to me the other day, "If I eat a lot of sugar then I feel like I'm flying". He has been getting up at night to raid the pantry. I am thinking, with my eccentirc personality and Kevins too, we really have to watch this boy as he develops.
On the other hand, I know his searching and I cannot condemn it :) How great it is to fly! There are those moments, those days, those seasons, when everything lines up, and we just stream. There were so many of these moments in NC that sometimes I feel wild with grief, gone in my crazy attachment. And some days this happens even now, this wonderful flying.
And there are those moments, those days, those years, when we have flown so high that the world does not seem real around us. Coming and going to the mythical mountaintop is a skill both necessary and wonderful for modern man/woman.
So today, this morning, I make my bags ready and head off to classes, and I will spend this sunny afternoon in the Library, because the dense world around me needs my attention too, and because the lotus flower blooms in the ditches beside the road.... I am happy that spring is here!
No comments:
Post a Comment