It's a new year, a yummy sprout, fresh sky, sweet love! It felt so good to be all 5 of us, each element present, each umbilical offering of mine at home this Christmas. We ate so much chocolate and blue cheese and celery, and went on outings everyday; to London, downtown Cambridge, many different parks and green spaces, and good hot curry houses. Now my teenager is back in Mulberry Grove and I am immersed in my studies again. I am writing a paper on the turning dervishes of Turkey, creating genealogy trees and immersing myself in the movement practices of Islam, good stuff. For the new year I am committed to getting a great salaried job that I love and that utilizes all of my skills, to creating a personal dance practice that is wholly me, to being present. I begin with a 100 day gong, writing 100 intentions and desires each night for 100 days. For 100 days I will breathe and sit still in my cocoon every single night, creating internal space that I hope will be reflected in the patterning of my outside life. Day 3 today... Much Beautiful Light!
Saturday, January 3, 2009
100 Day Gong
It's a new year, a yummy sprout, fresh sky, sweet love! It felt so good to be all 5 of us, each element present, each umbilical offering of mine at home this Christmas. We ate so much chocolate and blue cheese and celery, and went on outings everyday; to London, downtown Cambridge, many different parks and green spaces, and good hot curry houses. Now my teenager is back in Mulberry Grove and I am immersed in my studies again. I am writing a paper on the turning dervishes of Turkey, creating genealogy trees and immersing myself in the movement practices of Islam, good stuff. For the new year I am committed to getting a great salaried job that I love and that utilizes all of my skills, to creating a personal dance practice that is wholly me, to being present. I begin with a 100 day gong, writing 100 intentions and desires each night for 100 days. For 100 days I will breathe and sit still in my cocoon every single night, creating internal space that I hope will be reflected in the patterning of my outside life. Day 3 today... Much Beautiful Light!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So the gong actually lasted 40 days this year! Last year, the first time I tried it, it lasted 3. Big improvement..and many changes were manifested, enough to integrate for now. Next year? I'll go for double. :)
Post a Comment