Bright shiny morning greets us, my dancers and I. We have been up all night preparing for next weeks shows, and will rehearse most of the day tomorrow. Tissue paper roses, revisions of monologues, changes in music choices, re-conception of pieces according to who we are today. Depth work at the processual level.
This past week has been huge for this body, huge for this heart, huge for this creative self, for through the studio of life I/we have reached and reached and reached until fingers eyes shadows just won't grow anymore. In my work I do not show pieces, I do not entertain, I do not show off for the sake of an adoring witness. I am a shaman, as are my dancers, and all of this is new to all of us.
In grief it is collective grief that courses through us, paved on the circuits of our own real processes. In tenderness it is the sweet so sugary it hurts that cracks the child egg and allows life to flow forth. In passion it is an all over new discovery of self as woman self as alive self as beating powerful rhythm which emerges from the plunge into embryonic implantation. It is tsunami here, tender eyes there, broken students, cooking food, firm decisions, hungry self. It is three dances. Three years. Three years ago today we made the solid decision to move to England.
Each show is a vortex of vast potentialities...riding these waves is joy in motion, humanity in action, conscious co-creation. I am wonderfully blessed to have such rich material and amazing committed dancers to surf with. Thank you.
1 comment:
How have I not seen your beautiful blog until now? I'm your newest reader!
Post a Comment