Monday, March 7, 2011

I Insist

Ahh we come now to the bend of ascension through Earth and Fire.  There are lots of hills and valleys, switchbacks and beautiful vistas on the human journey.  Once again: clear boundaries, exceptional will power, stamina, sheer belief in the impossibility of failure, vertical realities.  It has been 3 years now of this.  And new habits are finally taking root.  We humans, we learn very very slowly ;-)

In the newspaper today I read about the new release of my favorite hop-hop artist, Lupe Fiasco.  It's a hidden/not hidden metaphorical/literal manifesto of his most recent struggle.  I relate.  In the major uphill of legalese I walked last autumn Lupe's music carried me,his songs of ghetto redemption driving my blood to boil as I fashioned the first of what may be many manifestos. Thirty-five pages of jargon I wrote to provide a foundation for light.  Ho.  The judge signed it into law January 4th and I received my certified copy in the mail.  Shortly after we landed the children and I co-created an 8 point set of rules for our house.  Number eight says, "in all your actions remember you are loved".  I/you/we relate as artists to the upgrading/processing/unwinding of patterns via the creative act.  Studios are sacred ground.  Thoughts made there manifest as exterior life.  

Two weeks ago, I entered a dance of fire, which will showcase next Tuesday and Wednesday night in Cambridge.  This was the result of the first rehearsal: 
1. I take total responsibility for my emotions and emotional health.
2. I make and use clear boundaries about what I am and am not willing to do.
3. I take total responsibility for the financial well being of my family.  I rock it out as the matriarch.
4. I am open to relationships of all varieties which simply delight me.
5. I make no apologies for being the bright and beautiful star that I am.
It's a hot dance!  In the doing of what is set before me, I also stage a version of grief upon the stage next Thursday, and a version of tenderness on Friday, which feels really really good.


And in growing slowly, sensuality takes form, incarnating and ascending us in rapid replay and quick freshness, fast tides over/upon primary respiration.  Huuuuuuuu Allah Hu de Alim 4eva.  

No comments: