Friday, September 24, 2010

Hannif

Hannif means purity, a purification process.  It is the chief pursuit of religious and spiritual people all over the world.  For me, this happens by my general attitude and by turning in the whirling dervish movement. It is powerful and it is physical and it is joyful, it is holding my heart open through these transitions, providing the path forward to a most exquisite joy.  

Today I was going to sit down and write about the experiences and insights relating to death which have been so intense here in California, and then I was moved to put down the thoughts, the pens, the papers, the books, and go outside in the gorgeous sunshine.  In my green sea colored dress and my pearl and moonstone bracelet I turned barefoot beneath an open blue sky and a blazing fire just laughing.  I turned and turned and knew, this is what Hafiz means when he says that God is making love to his dancers.  

I cannot hide it, I am really happy to be here with my family, where I have space to breathe and a landscape that sings to me.  What will come next who knows, but it is all ok really, it is just change, and with every death there is a spring to follow.

Someone put
You on a slave block
And the unreal bought 
You.
Now I keep coming to your owner
Saying,
"This one is mine."
You often overhear us talking
And this can make your heart leap
With excitement.
Don't worry,
I will not let sadness
Posses you.
I will gladly borrow all the gold
I need
To get you
Back.
~Hafiz~

No comments: