Today is my boys birthday! 15 years ago he passed into the earthly plane by my will and effort, 15 years ago he breathed his first breath on the life journey which is uniquely his. I miss him incredibly, and I let him go, to soar. He is playing Voodoo Child (slight return) in the school talent show auditions today, he is playing basketball, he is going to be an adult before long. How does this happen? I know his cries and his giggles, his tickle spots, his favorite foods, the books he has cherished and those he found boring, the movies which excite him, the ways in which he gets hurt. And there is so much I don't know, the depth or magnitude of his inner life, the outplay of the choices he makes on a daily basis. On this day I wish us both a hearty congratulations, and I send the archangel Rafael to guard him, and Gabriel to be his friend.
Shalom~
No comments:
Post a Comment