Well, my little 100 page darling is at the bookbinders being incubated. I will leave in a few minutes to get her. It was an amazing birth, totally supported, totally paced, completely intense. I have not slept but one hour since Tuesday morning, and it is Thursday afternoon now. There were peaks of beautiful energy that was flow flow flow, there were lulls where I had to sit at my computer and feel fuzzy. And there was the culmination, when those last few sentences that had been bothering me came out all wonderful (that was 5am this morning). Then the formatting thing and the unforseens, like running out of ink and having the printer "not recognize" my replacement cartridge. Eventually I made it to the birthing room, and she rolled right off the press like I've been doing this for years! Yes, I am carrying the metaphor a little far, so would you. The point is Pleased I Am, Not Perfect is my babe, but golly she is gorgeous. Muchas Gracias Gaia for keeping me strong, bless me with deep sleep tonight!
2 comments:
HIP-HIP-HURRAH!!! HIP-HIP HURRAH!!! CONGRATULATIONS HANNAH! You are DONE! Can you believe it?! It's quite the feeling, eh? An enormous sense of relief and accomplishment. So much time, so much energy, so much of your soul put into one paper called a "dissertation" - now to be graded by people who could never understand how much it all means to you and how much work you put into it. Isn't it lovely? =) Well, I hope you were able to catch up on all that lost sleep! May you have peace and joy during these upcoming holiday months!
Much love,
Penny xox
Thanks dear Penny. I did not feel a great sense of accomplishment, only how much further I need to learn and grow...only now is it settling in that I am finished and I managed it and the new horizon has the space to open. I hope to relax a little in the wonderful west coast breezes :) xx
Post a Comment