Ok, we just don't have old castles in America. There are a large variety of castles and cathedrals here, from different periods of time and in different states of repair. I have really come to like being around them, not necessarily in them, because they evoke a sense of time in me. I understand that if there is a pointy spire there is a tomb below, if there is a great circle of grey blocks it is probably Norman, that the fear of the forest was palpable
Friday, September 18, 2009
7: Castles
Ok, we just don't have old castles in America. There are a large variety of castles and cathedrals here, from different periods of time and in different states of repair. I have really come to like being around them, not necessarily in them, because they evoke a sense of time in me. I understand that if there is a pointy spire there is a tomb below, if there is a great circle of grey blocks it is probably Norman, that the fear of the forest was palpable
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment