Thursday, November 20, 2008

Poem

Hello Dear Friends~
I am moving through all these changes like water, and sometimes it is muddy water, I am not always happy... The permanence of our move is finally sinking in, and so I sink into my skin. I am processing the death of the season, my dear friend, the way life was just a year ago. Our home in Durham has sold. The sky is beautiful: bare branches reaching snakelike to the heavens, gulls and swallows dot the pink and purple evenings, darkness comes so early that the light is powerful even its pastel hues. On the train recently I wrote this poem.

I see in myself a strong and steely
reserve
forming
How else can I hold the grandeur
and the grit of London?
The country people of Cambridge?
Jack Frost... A Dying Sea? I wonder
am I here to do the analysis
am I the one to analyse?
My knowing is only through my arts
through a body of crystal.

Peace Be with You....Peace Be

No comments: