Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Isabella


Isabella, you're as lovely as your name

Isabella, you're like sunshine in the rain

Though you're dressed in fur you wear an air of queenly grace

Everyone can feel the purring in your love embrace

Isabella, if you give your heart a chance

it will lead you to a kingdom of rodents

There you'll catch the birds and lay in the tall grass all day

Everybody that you love will be there just to play...


I love my cat. We had to leave her behind for 6 months due to the fear of the British people that rabies may creep into the island. (They are a very fearful and morbid people in many respects, which I have chosen not to focus on much, choosing instead to laugh when I can, which is also a very British thing to do...) At any rate, she has had to change homes now and we are far away and cannot bring her back until mid January. So I ask you to sing her song for her. I made it up to the tune of Cinderella several years ago, and I often sing it to her. I hope that it will give her peace and reassurance.


Love to all,

No comments: