While in NC I was so lucky to be in the community of several wonderful circles of women. What we do, say, investigate, and value is of specific value to who we are as people who are female. I was really wondering how I would find and create anew such circles in this foreign place and in the academic world. Well, the circle was here waiting for me. The department leadership is itself a welcoming and robust circle of women who understand their role just so. I am so lucky again and again, to find and magnetize these wonderful relationships. During my first day of classes I wrote this poem to recognize my circles in NC and to celebrate all of us.
A circle
of women unbroken
A flutter of wings.
Cerridwen chases
curious minds,
transforms our perceptions our bodies
along a migration
towards relevance among the fey towards dragons
visibility is ours
we see
independence
within our unique cooperation.
Open new
lenses new
views.
Ahhhh The view from here is stunning.
Much Love,
No comments:
Post a Comment