Ahh, I thought I would have to live without the real feeling of summer here! Today it is warm, humidity is high, cloud pressure dense, little black bugs saturate the bike paths, garden is growing out of hand, sheets hanging on the line dried within an hour, light light light permeates every corner and shadow, and we are sticky with the juice of juicilicious honeydews, yum!!! Kaiah and Kevin went to the westerly tip of Wales, Holyhead Island, for their yearly male bonding trip. Four days of camping and hiking at the height of summer solstice, more yum. The kids and I did nothing but sleep and hang out in a pasture by the mill downtown all weekend, super yum. Made friends with a fisherman and the kids put bait on his line and helped reel in the little creek fish. I can hear the click click of women's heels on the pavement outside my window, cars and motorcycles zoom by down the road, someone is running a lot of water, and the cat meows from the windowsill at cooing doves. Now, off to burn incense and cook up Indian lentils, cauliflower, and potatoes. Smells and feels and sounds of summer~
No comments:
Post a Comment